This post will be the primary post until the Hurricane passes!
Click HERE for Live Interactive VIPIR Hurricane Map
Below are LIVE webcams in the areas likely to be affected by Hurricane Sandy...
Note that some may be down due to heavy load or power loss.
New York City
- Coney Island
- Far Rockaways (thanks to Matt Miner)
- Statue of Liberty
- New York Harbor
- Midwood, Brooklyn
- Brooklyn Bridge
- Manhattan Bridge (thanks to Amrit Richmond)
- Battery Park City
- Downtown Manhattan
- Wall Street Bull
- Ground Zero
- USS Intrepid
- Midtown West
- Empire State Building, 55th floor
- New York Times Building (and what the camera looks like)
- Highrise near Penn Station (thanks to Liz Markham)
- Times Square
- Bryant Park
- Columbus Circle
- 79th Street Boat Basin
- Upper East Side
- Co-Op City in the Bronx
- NYC traffic cameras
Instacane is a great, intimate view of how people are experiencing Sandy as documented on Instagram. COOL!