Fun Facts for All!
1. If you look closely, 26 State names can be seen on the back of the U.S. Five Dollar Bill!
2. A pregnant goldfish is called a twit.
3. The word "testify" is based on men in the Roman court swearing to a statement made by swearing on their testicles.
4. A cat has 32 muscles in each ear.
5. An eagle can kill a young deer and fly away with it.
6. The average hummingbird weighs less than a penny.
7. Most elephants weigh less than the tongue of the blue whale.
8. In the United States, a pound of potato chips costs two hundred times more than a pound of potatoes.
9. At any given time, there are 1,800 thunderstorms in progress over the earth's atmosphere.
10. Lightning strikes the earth 100 times every second.
11. Ants stretch when they wake up. They also appear to yawn in a very human manner before taking up the tasks of the day.
12. One-fourth of the world's population lives on less than $200 a year. Ninety million people survive on less than $75 a year.
13. Celery has negative calories! It takes more calories to eat a piece of celery than the celery has in it to begin with.
14. NERF is short for Non-Expanding Recreational Foam.
15. Some strange college courses include advanced cereal science, clay wheel throwing and soil judging.
16. Prostitutes in Chicago, Illinois are more likely to have sex with a police officer than be arrested by one.
17. At least 55 million Americans have a sexually transmitted infection-that's 1 in 4 adults.
18. The Nobel Peace Prize medal depicts 3 naked men with their hands on each others shoulders.
19. The cigarette lighter was invented before the match.
20. "Go." is the shortest complete sentence in the English
Post a Comment